PAT Inspection and Testing
MPAT's Inspection and Testing
MPAT offers a comprehensive inspection and testing service for all your portable appliances at industry-leading low prices.
The inspection is to see if there is any damage to appliances, their plugs and cables.
- The plugs are checked for signs of damage, then taken apart (where not moulded) to check the condition of their wiring and fixed if required
- Correct fuse rating is checked
- Cables are assessed for any damage to the surrounding insulation
- Appliances are inspected for any damage that could be a safety risk
Any fuse changes whilst testing will be completed for FREE to MPAT customers.
What to Expect from PAT Testing
On the successful completion of the visual checks we will conduct an electrical test using our calibrated testing equipment, ensuring passed appliances meet all current industry standards.
- When passed we will apply a 'passed' sticker to the appliance, bearing a unique number linked to your inspection and testing report
- If an appliance fails and we cannot pass it following remedial work we apply a 'failed' sticker. The item will either be left where it is or in a location of your choosing
- On completion, we will send you your MPAT inspection and testing report within 24 hours. Where possible we prefer to send this report as an Excel file (saves trees!), however we will happily send you a hard copy if required
PAT Testing Locations
Based in Burgess Hill, West Sussex, we currently cover: West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent, Surrey, London, Dorset and Hampshire. Please do contact us if you are outside the areas mentioned however, as we may still be able to help.
With over 10 years of expert testing, our competent, qualified, DBS-checked and insured PAT testers will supply you with a professional and flexible service, providing you with a cost-effective way to keep your business safe. Additionally, all our testers are trained to provide the customer service expected by our valued customers.
We cater for all volumes of testing from a single item to many thousands, whether you're a multi-national company or run a small business from home. We are here to help you keep your business safe.
PAT Testing Health and Safety Myths Explained
You can read the various health and safety myths on the link - there are some that are just crazy, some funny, even some relating to PAT testing.
MPAT will help you to not get caught in these myths through honest, reliable, excellent customer service; this approach with our highly competitive prices means your PAT testing will now cost you less.
At MPAT we are all highly trained, competent, insured and qualified. This enables us to identify all of your portable appliances, the classification of equipment, your business industry and the risk exposure of the portable appliance. This is then measured against the 'Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment' table for frequency of formal visual inspection and combined inspection and testing.
Once all the above information is gathered, each portable appliance you have will be recorded on our MPAT inspection report, which will self-generate a schedule for each appliance's next test. This could result in a great cost saving if not every appliance needs to be tested on every PAT test visit.
This information is held by both you and us so we can easily set a diary visit for the next PAT testing, saving you time and effort.
PAT Testing FAQs
Not everyone knows everything about Portable Appliance Testing. We're happy to answer any questions you may have, but please visit our FAQ page if you'd like to browse through those that are frequently asked.