PAT Inspection and Testing
MPAT's Inspection and Testing
MPAT offers a comprehensive inspection and testing service for all your portable appliances at competitively low prices.
The inspection is to see if there is any damage to appliances, their plugs and cables.
- The plugs are checked for signs of damage, then taken apart (where not moulded) to check the condition of their wiring and fixed if required
- Correct fuse rating is checked
- Cables are assessed for any damage to the surrounding insulation
- Appliances are inspected for any damage that could be a safety risk
Any fuse changes whilst testing will be completed for FREE to MPAT customers.
What to Expect from PAT Testing
On the successful completion of the visual checks we will conduct an electrical test using our calibrated testing equipment, ensuring passed appliances meet all current industry standards.
- When passed we will apply a 'passed' sticker to the appliance, bearing a unique number linked to your inspection and testing report
- If an appliance fails and we cannot pass it following remedial work we apply a 'failed' sticker. The item will either be left where it is or in a location of your choosing
- On completion, we will send you your MPAT inspection and testing report within 24 hours. Where possible we prefer to send this report as a PDF file (saves trees!), however we will happily send you a hard copy if required
PAT Testing Locations
Based in Burgess Hill, West Sussex, we currently cover: West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent, Surrey, London, Dorset and Hampshire. Please do contact us if you are outside the areas mentioned however, as we may still be able to help.
With over 10 years of expert testing, our competent, qualified, DBS-checked and insured PAT testers will supply you with a professional and flexible service, providing you with a cost-effective way to keep your business safe. Additionally, all our testers are trained to provide the customer service expected by our valued customers.
We cater for all volumes of testing from a single item to many thousands, so we can help whether you're a multi-national multi-site company or run a small business from home. We are here to help you keep your business safe, for more information about our service please contact us.